We have an exciting new opportunity for an Area Manager to join our management team.
To provide the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene to our company standards, within the contract specification.
For this positive and energising role, you will need to be a highly organised and a committed individual with excellent communication skills who can delegate and lead. Cleaning experience is not required, however Operational and People Management skills are essential.
- Provide support for the Site Supervisors & Staff in ensuring that the site is run with operational quality and financial effectiveness.
- Responsible for all day to day aspects relating to the management and maintenance of the cleaning service within the contract specification to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Have full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services run by So Clean Commercial Services plc.
- Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract the financial budget and working principles. Plan staff rota’s and manage staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave to ensure staff are paid correctly.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations.
- Control and issue cleaning material ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage.
- Carry out scheduled cleaning audits to monitor and manage cleaner’s performance and adherence to Company standards as per the requirements of the contract.
- Liaise with the Cleaning Operatives to identify training required to implement the standards to facilitate the running of contract and deliver training as required.
- Be aware of the condition of the equipment, organise repairs/replacements as appropriate to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order. All reports to be communicated to the administration support team.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to clients in all areas of service, which So Clean provide.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments to head office and take some remedial action if at all possible.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas for Area Managers during periods of holidays and sickness
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
Key Point Indicators
- All cleaning and hygiene standards to meet service specification
- Deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company's standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Effectively and courteously liaise with the client on a regular basis. Manage the day-to-day procedures regarding inspections, quality control and training analysis and plan, organise and sign off all periodic work.
- Complete all day-to-day administration requirements, monitor stock levels and distribution. Ensure that all appropriate ‘corrective action’ is conducted, recorded and signed off.
- Assure that all operations are conducted in line with all regulations such as Health and Safety.
- Guard the interests of both the employee and the Company by conducting the correct guided and lawful disciplinary procedures as laid down by the Company.
- To proactively deal with emerging situations to nip issues in the bud whether client or employee generated and to deal appropriately with these in a timely way including taking action in the evenings or at weekends should the need arise.
- Provide support where required to Directors and other Area Managers.
- To prepare a weekly written report to outline current status and issues in relation to performance of cleaners on site and performance against SLA’s.
- To attend monthly management meetings at Head Office or as required
- To undertake any reasonable additional duties at the request of the Directors.
- Previous management experience within an operational role.
- Excellent people management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills effective at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to Multi-Task and prioritise workload.
- Committed, motivated and passionate about people and service delivery
• 40hrs per week (flexibility required)
• 20 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Salary £36,000 - £38500
• Company Vehicle, Mobile phone, IPAD, laptop
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Field based London and surrounding areas